|Name ||BITTER ORANGE PEELS (POWDER)|
|Latin name ||Citrus aurantium L. subsp. Aurantium (Rutaceae) |
|Part of the plant used ||Peels: Aurantii amarae fructi cortex ¼ |
|Main components ||– essential oil mainly composed of limonene|
– flavonoids: bitter flavonoid heterosides (neohesperidin, naringin, …) and no bitter flavonoid heterosides (hesperidin, rutoside, sinensetine, …)
– coumarins: photosensitizing furanocoumarins
|Properties ||Touch of sourness, citrusy/herbal notes |
|Usage ||Belgian wheat beer, winter ales |
|Macroscopic and microscopic characteristics||European Pharmacopoeia |
|Macroscopic characteristics ||Eur.Ph. – Identification A |
|Microscopic characteristics ||Eur.Ph. – Identification B |
|Thin layer chromatography ||Eur.Ph. – Identification C (naringin, caffeic acid) |
|Aerobic mesophilic ||Less than 50.000.000 /g |
|Yeast / mould ||Less than 500.000 /g |
|Foreign elements ||Max 2 %|
|Water content ||Max 10 %|
|Total ash ||Max 7 % |
|Extractives||Max 6 % |
|Essential oil ||Min 2,0 % (pericarpe cp)|
Min 0,3 % (powder)
|Quality assurance ||– A quality policy has been defined and written.|
– A quality manual / documentation system has been defined into the company in order to insure the quality of our products. It is based on the IFS (International Food Standard) repository.
– With a repository used in the food sector, our quality manual includes in particular a HACCP evaluation of our products.
– Analyses are realised on the commercialised products. We have an internal laboratory to realize these analyses.
|Traceability ||– Traceability is insured from the reception of the product to the delivery to our customer.|
– A withdrawal process of our products has also been defined in case of problem.